Monday, February 24, 2014

Chasing the Shadow 2/24/14

I chased after that shadow,
For way too many years,
With nothing left to show for it,
Except years of heartache and of tears.
So many times I tried to let go,
Even succeeded a time or two,
Until the dreams would bring it back,
And haunt my days anew.
But I knew I had to do away,
With all the false hopes and dreams,
Because in the place where shadows dwell,
Nothing is ever as it seems.
So I put it away, though it took too long,
I should have done it years ago,
Now the shadow is finally laid to rest,

I finally let it go.

TLA 2/24/14

2 comments:

  1. I like this one! Working on getting back to writing. Thanks for always being here on this journey, Tam! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never have been here without you!! You motivate me and keep me on my toes!! ♥

    ReplyDelete