Monday, March 3, 2014

Aunt Donna 3/3/14

The middle of the night in late October,
It was just like any other night,
The kids were asleep, the house was dark,
But the porch was awash in light.
It lit the porch, it lit the room,
That it was on there was no doubt,
But upon waking in the morning,
The first thing I noticed was it was out.
I walked over to flip the switch,
Assuming the bulb had blown,
It took a second to realize,
The switched had flipped off on its own.
I stood and pondered for a time,
My mind filled with my frustration,
I finally chocked it up to nothing,
It was just my imagination.
So I went and turned my music on,
As I do each and every morning,
And twice it turned off on me,
Without giving me any warning.
The radio has not done that since,
It had never done it before,
But as irritated as I was by it,
It was something I chose to ignore.
It wasn’t too long after this,
I got the call and then I couldn’t deny,
The events that took place that morning,
Was Aunt Donna saying, “Good-bye.”

For Aunt Donna (12/24/43-10/23/12)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I like this! I've had that kind of stuff happen too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete