Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sleeping in December Would Be Good...


Dear Insomnia,

What is it about December
That causes me to remember
All those reasons I can't sleep
Only secrets sleepless nights do keep
All that runs through my head
All this holiday I do dread
Reminding me I've so much to do
Only this hard month to get through
Presents to wrap and unwrap
Snow and commercials and all that crap
Family all nestled in our bed
While wild monkeys dance in my head
I can't tell you exactly what it is
Only that it's hard, this Christmas biz
And it's only the 5th or so
With so many days left to go
It's supposed to be all about cheer
But it gets more commercial every damn year
A few more weeks and I'll be free
Sand, surf, and lovely palm trees
To all the other sleepless fools
Writing poetry to save their souls:
I wish you love may you indeed be merry!

Hugs, 

The Insomniac Christmas Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment